2017 Yamaha WR250R
Call for Price
Team Yamaha Blue
Advanced Dual Sport
Offers high-end components and performance for one of the most advanced dual sport bikes. Ideal for those who ride off-road more than on.
- YZ-F Developed Dual Sport: Directly descended from our YZ motocrossers and WR off-road machines, the WR250R is here to make Yamaha’s off-road prowess street accessible.
- Off-Road Focused Performance: Not exactly an enduro model and not a streetbike either, the WR250R is for riders who ride off-road more than on.
- High-Tech Four-Stroke Powerplant: 250cc liquid-cooled, DOHC engine with two titanium intake valves and two steel exhausts, forged piston and plated cylinder for outstanding durability.
- Advanced, High-Revving Cylinder Design: Pentroof combustion chamber with downdraft-type straight intake helps make excellent power across the rev band, with maximum power at 10,000 rpm.
- Fuel Injection: First use of fuel injection on a 250 Yamaha on/off-road bike. The system relies on input from a crank sensor, intake air pressure sensor and throttle position sensor feeding a compact ECU to provide optimum combustion.
- EXUP® Exhaust: An ECU-controlled EXUP® exhaust valve, along with an electronic intake control valve, broadens the powerband.
- Durable Engine Internals: High-lift cams have WPC surface treatment in which the surface is sprayed with fine powder at over 100 meters per second to increase surface hardness.
- Compact Engine: Three-axis engine layout keeps the engine compact. Wet sump tucks between frame rails to keep the engine height down.
- High-Performance Generator: Rare earth-type ACM alternator keeps the weight down while providing all the current needed to run the FI and lighting systems.
- Coil-On-Plug Ignition: Direct ignition coil sits atop the spark plug—another first on a Yamaha on-off road model.
- 6-Speed Transmission: Six-speed gearbox provides a wide spread of ratios, with shower-type lubrication for reliability. A special light-action clutch makes shifting a snap.
- Compact Muffler: Tucked-in, three-chamber muffler helps keep mass centralized and the bike quiet.
- YZ-Style Chassis: YZ/WR250-inspired semi-double-cradle frame uses a main frame of cast and forged aluminum sections, with high-strength steel downtubes for excellent strength and rigidity characteristics.
- Advanced Swingarm: Asymmetrical swingarm provides excellent strength/rigidity balance and a dynamic look. Cast aluminum crossmembers, extruded arms and a 22mm rear axle are carefully tuned for optimum handling.
- Fully Adjustable Forks: Fully adjustable 46mm fork provides 10.6 inches of wheel travel. A forged lower triple clamp and a cast upper one help give outstanding front-end feel. An aluminum steering stem reduces weight.
- Linkage-Style Shock: Linkage-mounted rear shock provides 10.6 inches of travel with adjusters for compression damping, rebound damping and spring preload—and features a 14mm rod and 46mm cylinder for excellent damping and fade resistance.
- Dual Wave-Type Disc Brakes: Wave brake rotors front and rear, including a large 250mm front disc, reduce unsprung weight and provide excellent performance. Rear pedal is forged aluminum.
- Narrow, Rider-Focused Ergonomics: A slim, steel fuel tank is shaped with knee grip in mind, and the entire ergonomic layout is designed to make the rider feel like part of the bike.
- Racing-Derived Saddle: Narrow, YZ-inspired seat features gripper-type cover for great seat-of-the-pants feel. Seat height is 36.6 inches.
- Enduro Instruments : WR enduro-style instrument panel provides excellent visibility in spite of the compact size. Basic mode provides speed, clock, tripmeter and self-diagnostic function. Measurement mode includes a stopwatch and distance-compensating tripmeter.
- Compact Bodywork: Minimalist front and rear fenders are designed for function, simplicity, and lightness. Bodywork with separate radiator heat outlet helps keep engine and rider cool.
- High-Visibility Lighting: Lightweight headlight and LED taillight maximize visibility and draw less current.
- Engine Type: 250cc liquid-cooled DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.8:1
- Fuel Delivery: Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI)
- Ignition: TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition; direct ignition coil
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 6-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Suspension / Front: Inverted fork, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc, 250mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc, 230mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21
- Tires / Rear: 120/80-18
- L x W x H: 85.6 in. x 31.9 in. x 48.4 in.
- Seat Height: 36.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in.
- Rake (Caster Angle): 26.7 deg.
- Trail: 4.4 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 11.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 2.0 gal. / CA model, 1.9 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 71 mpg
- Wet Weight: 295 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
NOTES:Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight. Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with other models.
- Engine Type
- DOHC 4-stroke; 4 valves
- Bore and Stroke
- 77.0mm x 53.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Yamaha Fuel injection (YFI)
- TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition; direct ignition coil
- Front Suspension
- Inverted fork, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock, fully adjustable; 10.6-in travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 250mm
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc, 230mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 36.6 in.
- 26.7 deg.
- 4.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.0 gal.
- 71 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 295 lb.
- Constant-mesh 6-speed, multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)